- Amanda Rohrbach, Emotional Behavioral Support Specialist, Wylie Independent School District
Everything Changed [8:00]
Sharing the perspective that educators are a holistic responder. Uptick in difficulty in parent/child relationships.
How We Can Support Our Students
- Grace before grades
- Meaningful and engaging lessons
- Provide opportunities for interaction
- Zoom fatigue is a real deal.
What are some ways that you can help?
- Aim for 12 physical connections per day.
- Play together.
- Technology free time.
- Seek connection prior to transitioning activities.
- Make time for one-on-one (at least 15 minutes).
- Welcome emotion/empathy.
- Enjoy the moment.
What does empathy sound like?
- “It’s okay to be upset-its good to let it out.”
- “I hear you. I am here for you. I will stay with you.”
- “It’s okay how you feel, it is not okay to…”
Remain Present in the Moment
- Keep things simple as much as possible.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Keep a routine. Get up. Get dressed.
- Make and keep plans with others.
- Limit exposure to media.
Resources and Links
Note: This summary is live-blogged from the session so you can quickly scan the content. The time stamp for the video is included in parenthesis to help you get to specific quickly
The TxDLA Keep Connecting webinar series is sponsored by i2i Technologies. New episodes currently scheduled for Tuesday and Thursdays at 11:30 AM Central.
If you need help transitioning to a simple, flexible, and dependable video communication solution, we can help.