- Julie Myers, Chief Sales Officer, SmarterServices
- Carol Moody, Senior Solutions Consultant, SmarterServices
Everything Changed [8:00]
After the stages of shock and moving to get to work, many challenges have been uncovered by current events.
- Digital divide
- Outdated devices or none at all
- Lack of centralized communication
- Unreliable internet connection
- Conflicting standards or requirements
- Lack of knowledge navigating the LMS
- Unbudgeted expenses
- Untrained/low readiness to teach online
Plan for the Knowns [14:00]
- Opening plans are fluid and change rapidly
- Things won’t be like this forever. Not going back to “normal”.
- Dramatic changes to higher education
- Change in opinions about online teaching & learning
- Implementing new technologies can be time consuming & intimidating
- Schools need affordable options
- Online learner readiness indicator
- Proactively identify at-risk online students
- Taken by 5.2 million students
- Measures 8 different areas (include technical and soft skills)
- How to use the assessment and scoring reports [24:00]
- Organizes, manages, and delivers all proctoring modalities
- Can present all proctoring options to students from within the LMS
- Options include live, online proctoring to instructor as a proctor
- One point of truth for academic integrity. One stop shop.
- Schools turn on whatever modalities they want to offer the students.
- National network of testing centers and proctors.
- Automated advantages – on demand, quick and easy, convenient, affordable, secure.
- Walk through of faculty settings [38:00]
Resources and Links
- SmarterServices On Demand Webinars
- Worldwide College and University Coronavirus Support
Note: This summary is live-blogged from the session so you can quickly scan the content. The time stamp for the video is included in parenthesis to help you get to specific quickly.
If you need help transitioning to a simple, flexible, and dependable video communication solution, we can help.