- Lisa Brown, Director, Bush School OEE, Texas A&M University
- Jenell Paul, Learning Resource Network Director, Texas Health & Human Services Commission
- Gerardo Pedraza, Instructional Designer III, Engineering Studio for Advanced Instruction and Learning, Texas A&M University
- Mark Workman, Dean of Distance Learning, Blinn College
What Are Some Things You Learned
- How to fish
- How to grill
- Plan B is real!
- Technology roll-outs don’t have to be perfect to get started.
- Always practice gratitude.
Will We Go Back to Less Technology?
- We will be better prepared with a continuity plan.
- Always have a couple of back-up plans.
- Everyone knows what an instructional designer does now!
- The transition to being better online with also improve face-to-face classes.
- Interesting…increase in phone calls as a communication tool.
- Everyone is now using distance learning language and understanding it.
What is Hy Flex?
- Hy Flex is not automatically social (physical) distancing.
- Footprint of the office is changing.
- Microlearning is meeting learners where they are.
- All day training is compressed into 90 minutes.
- More flexibility in delivery methods of training.
- Institutions are running through different scenarios for what the fall will look like.
- Maybe will use a version of a modified hy flex which is a hybrid.
Resources and Links
- Want To Be More Productive? Stop Multi-Tasking
- Social Distancing vs. Physical Distancing
- Hy Flex Model
- Hy Flex Model (Another article)
Note: This summary is live-blogged from the session so you can quickly scan the content. The time stamp for the video is included in parenthesis to help you get to specific quickly
If you need help transitioning to a simple, flexible, and dependable video communication solution, we can help.