- Ken Conn, Director, Partnerships and Collaboration
- Roxanne Glaser, Director, Marketing and Learning
The Framing Questions
As we move forward after Wave 1: The Crisis and into Wave 2: The Way Forward, we have thought and discussed many different scenarios. Today’s webinar will focus on unpacking topics related to the following questions.
- Where do we go from here?
- What is the best way forward in a very uncertain time?
What did you like about participating in activities in a virtual space?
The overarching themes of a slower pace (after the initial panic!) and thinking about the intentions of why we are doing the things that we do.
- Slower pace and time to think
- Time for conversation
- Time with family
- Virtual Happy Hour 🙂
- Time outside
- No travel
What are some things you missed about being in the same space?
The consensus was being with people. The human connection is powerful underpinnings of collaboration and innovation.
- Teaching in the same place as learners
- Hands-on activities
- Hugs, handshakes, high-fives!
- The energy of other people
- More hugs!
- End of school activities
What does the future hold?
We acknowledge this is challenging as the circumstances change weekly, daily, and even by the hour, in some cases.
- Blending the best of the physical and the virtual in a meaningful format
- Know when to use which tool for the most effective communication
- Level up your collaboration skills
- Become fluent in multiple platforms
- Lots of video communication
The i2i Technologies Blended Process
This is at the heart of every challenge that we help people with. It is not always linear and it is a continuous process that takes into account where you are and where you want to be.
Resources and Links
Note: This summary is live-blogged from the session so you can quickly scan the content.
If you need help transitioning to a simple, flexible, and dependable video communication solution, we can help.